The British Society for Dermatopathology Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the British Society for Dermatopathology (‘BSD’ ‘we’ or ‘us’) Terms and Conditions (‘Terms and Conditions’). We are a charity registered in England and Wales with number 290908.
These Terms and Conditions apply to the use of this website at www.thebsd.org.uk (the ‘Website’). Most of the content on this Website is only open to you if you are a BSD member.
Please read through the Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with the Terms and Conditions do not use the Website. If you do use the Website your conduct indicates that you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions, whether you are using the Website as a guest user or registered user.
- Except as otherwise noted, all intellectual property rights in respect of the items and materials that appear within the Website (‘Content’) are owned and/or controlled by BSD including the design, text, information, graphics and arrangement of the Content.
- You may retrieve and display the Content on a computer screen or other device and print individual pages on paper and/or store such pages in electronic form on a local hard disk or removable storage device for your personal non-commercial use, but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network provided that:
(a) no documents or related graphics on this Website are modified in any way;
(b) no graphics on this Website are used separately from accompanying text; and
(c) any of our copyright and trademark notices and this permission notice appear in all copies.
- Except as expressly set out in this ‘copyright notices’ section you may not reproduce, modify, store, archive or in any way commercially exploit any of the Content. In particular you may not do any of the following without the prior written consent of the BSD:
- redistribute any Content; or
- remove the copyright or trademark notice from any copies of Content made in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Requests to publish and distribute the Content should be addressed to [email protected]
- ‘The British Society for Dermatopathology, ‘The BSD’ plus logo and the BSD logo on its own are trademarks of the BSD. Unauthorised use is prohibited. Requests for use of the logo should be sent to [email protected].
- Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the high quality and accuracy of the Website, the BSD is providing the Website on an ‘AS IS, AS AVAILABLE’ ‘WITH ALL FAULTS’ basis to users. You use the Website at your own risk. The BSD does not give any warranties in respect of Website, the Content, and any software or services available through the Website. Save to the extent prohibited by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other Terms and Conditions which may apply to the Website, the Content, and any software or services available through the Website, whether express or implied.
- Additionally, the BSD gives no warranty that the Website is free from infection by viruses or anything else that has contaminating or destructive properties and disclaims liability for any losses or damage arising from this.
- The Content may contain technical inaccuracies and typographical errors. The Content may be updated from time to time and may at times be out of date. The BSD accepts no responsibility for keeping the Content up to date or liability for any failure to do so, though we will always try to ensure this is the case.
- The BSD does not endorse or make any statement about any of the individual professionals, companies, products or services of third parties found on the Website.
- The medical and/or ethical information contained on the Website is for general information only. This does not constitute medical, ethical or legal advice and you should take appropriate professional advice and not rely on it to make any decision or take any action (or refrain from doing either of these).
- From time to time the Website, or parts of the Website, will be unavailable due to maintenance or system error. The BSD is not responsible for any actions that are not able to be carried out during this time, including making any subscription payment.
- The BAD passes on to us info when someone applies to become a BAD member via the BAD site. The BSD deletes this information once the membership application is processed.
- Any Personal Data we collect from the Website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and other privacy applicable laws.
- Personal Data (name, email address, etc) is collected when you apply for membership to the BSD and also when you contact us or complete one of our online forms.
- We will keep a record of any orders you make through the Website. We will not retain any of your credit/debit card details however these details may be retained by third parties who we ask to process payments on our behalf.
- Unless otherwise stated, we will not pass your Personal Data to any third party for marketing purposes.
- Some services we may provide to you via the Website may be hosted on third party sites. To provide those services, we may transfer Personal Data to those sites. Some third-party sites may be hosted outside the EEA.
Third parties and external websites
- The Website contains material submitted and created by third parties. The BSD excludes all liability for any illegality arising from or error, omission or inaccuracy in such material.
- You may access third party websites through links contained on the Website. These third party websites are not under the control of the BSD and the BSD is not responsible for the availability of these websites or their content. Any links provided on the Website are provided for your interest or convenience only and do not represent or imply any endorsement of such linked websites by the BSD. You acknowledge your use of these third party websites governed by the Terms and Conditions and conditions of use applicable to each website.
- You may place a link from your website to the Website provided you follow the following guidelines:
- not to replicate the Content;
- not to create a frame or border environment around the Content;
- not to in any way imply that the BSD and/or BSDSL is endorsing your website or its products or services;
- not to present false information about the BSD;
- not to use any of the BSD’s trademarks without prior written consent of the BSD;
- ensure your website does not include content which would be construed as distasteful, controversial or offensive;
- ensure your website does not infringe any intellectual property or other rights of any third parties;
- The BSD expressly reserves the right to request that any link in breach of these Terms and Conditions be removed and to take whatever other action it deems appropriate.
Some of the Website may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that materials submitted for inclusion on the Website comply with international and national law. The BSD is not liable for any error or inaccuracy in advertising material.
- To use some parts of the Website you will be given a username and a password. A new password will be provided to you on regular basis by the administration team. You must keep your password secure, not share it with anyone or let them access your Website account, nor do anything else that may compromise the security of your account. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your password you must promptly notify us at [email protected]. are liable for any use or access to the Website undertaken using your password, except where we have been advised by you of any loss, misuse or disclosure of your password.
Online purchase of memberships
- If you need to cancel your membership, for whatever reason, please contact us at [email protected].
- In the event of any force majeure cancellation of a membership or event we shall use reasonable endeavours to give you notice of such cancellation and shall refund any membership fees paid in advance by you but shall otherwise have no liability to you.
- Any complaints about any memberships should be directed to the President of the by email at [email protected].
- For any memberships, neither the content authors (‘Author’) nor the BSD make or give any claims, promises, guarantees or statements about the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or adequacy of any information, data, wording or graphics, whether written, oral or visual used in connection with any membership (‘Material’).
- All persons using the Material do so at their own risk. Neither the BSD nor the Author will be liable for loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of the Material. This exclusion of liability covers all indirect and consequential damages of any kind, and also all loss of data, income or profit and loss of or damage to property (whether direct, indirect or consequential), and also claims from third parties. However, nothing in this paragraph 2 limits the BSD’s or the Author’s liability to a delegate for death or personal injury resulting from the BSD’s or the Author’s negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability that cannot be excluded by law.
- All trademarks, logos, brand names and service marks of the BSD contained in the Materials, whether registered or unregistered, remain the property of the BSD. Any separate use of these marks, logos or names is prohibited without the express prior written consent of the BSD.
- The Material has been designed as an integral part of the membership but solely for the benefit of the members. No part of the Material may be reproduced in any form or for any purposes without the prior permission of the BSD. Any copyright in the Material remains the property of the BSD and/or the Author, as applicable.
- Members must not pass off the Material and Content as their own or misleadingly represent themselves as industry professionals on the basis of the Material or Content. The BSD does not endorse any third party content or advice presented by any of the Members based on the Material or Content.
Third party offers and promotions
- The BSD always seeks to offer attractive third party benefits as part of membership and, as such, from time to time, may add, withdraw or amend these benefits at its discretion.
User generated content
- The Website offers users the facility to post comments, reviews and ratings, which will be visible on the Website to other users. The BSD is not responsible for the content of these posts, and some of them may also include comments that do not reflect the BSD’s views. If you see any harmful, incorrect or abusive, content, please report it to us.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded by law. You agree that the disclaimers, exclusions and limitations on our liability set out in these Terms and Conditions are reasonable in light of the nature of the Website and the technology used to provide the Website.
- If any part of these Terms and Conditions is disallowed or found to be ineffective by any court or regulator, the other provisions shall continue to apply.
- If you breach these Terms and Conditions and we take no action against you, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these Terms and Conditions.
- We may transfer our rights or obligations or sub-contract our obligations under these Terms and Conditions to another other legal entity. These Terms and Conditions are personal to you. You may not transfer your rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions to anyone else.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement and understanding of you and us relating to these Terms and Conditions and supersedes any previous agreement or understanding between you and us in relation to the same. Neither you nor we have relied on any statement, representation, warranty, understanding, undertaking, promise or assurance (whether negligently or innocently made) of any person that is not set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- No provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be modified or varied without the written consent of you and us.
- Force Majeure: we cannot be held responsible for any cancellation or any associated losses resulting from Acts of God or any other circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to, diseases, epidemics or quarantines, necessitating the closure of our premises.
- These Terms and Conditions are not intended to give rights to anyone except you and us.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
- We may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by amending this page and posting about such change on the Website. Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you if you continue to access the Website after the date of the change.
These Terms and Conditions were last updated on 20th June 2021.